We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, and ouEIN is 26-0656263. Find a copy of our IRS determination letter here. All donations to EDWINS are tax-deductible. We are grateful for all support to give men and women a fair and equal second chance.
Your monetary donations allow us to provide tuition-free education for our students and critical wrap-around support services like free housing and free legal counsel, as well as help with childcare, transportation, financial literacy and more.
Checks can be made out to EDWINS and mailed to the following:
13101 Shaker Square
Cleveland, Ohio 44120
Or, donate online by clicking the button below.
In-Kind and Material Donations
If you are interested in donating material items, such as vehicles, housewares or clothing, please contact Development Director Valerie Maczak-Grim at valerie (at) edwinsrestaurant.org or (330) 268-7400.
Current Material Needs as of December 2, 2017
- Curtains and rods/hardware for 8 standard windows
- 3 refrigerators (used is great but in good working order, please - we can arrange pick up)
- Silverware (used - but clean - is OK!)
- Toiletries (shaving cream, deodorant, shampoo, feminine hygiene products, toothpaste, etc.)
- Twin-sized sheet sets (new, please)
- Blankets and comforters (all sizes but new, please)
- Men's socks (new, please)
- Men's underwear (new, please - all sizes)
- ceiling fans (new or like new, please)
- Calculators (basic functions but new or gently used, please)
- Household laundry soap (for residents at the dorms)
- Dish detergent (for residents at the dorms)
- Cleaning supplies (all, for residents at the dorms)
Volunteer Driving Instructors
Help our students get on the road to success – literally!
We need several volunteers to help our students with driving practice. If you’re a professional driving instructor or just someone who’s patient, we’d love to pair you with a student to help them get ready to take their driver’s license test.
EDWINS can provide the car to practice in if needed, or use your own.
If interested in being a driving instructor, please contact Director of Education, Jon Khanna, at JonKhanna@edwinsrestaurant.org or by calling the restaurant at (216) 921-3333.
Volunteer Salesforce (CRM) Specialist
We need help with multiple Salesforce updates.
If interested in helping us with Salesforce, please contact Development Director Valerie Maczak-Grim at valerie (at) edwinsrestaurant.org or (330) 268-7400.
Volunteer Second Chance Shop Sorters and Organizers
We need help sorting and organizing clothing and household good donations in our storehouse of donated goods for students, the Second Chance Shop. This involves opening bags and boxes of donated items, removing the items, determining if they are suitable for use or wear, and hanging/displaying usable items.
If interested in helping us with the Second Chance Shop, please contact External Affairs Assistant Ms. Griffin Johnson at Griffin@edwinsrestaurant.org or (216) 921-3333.
Amazon Smile allows Amazon.com shoppers to direct Amazon to donate 0.5% of their qualifying purchases to the non-profit organization of their choice. Visit smile.amazon.com to enroll for the benefit of EDWINS Leadership & Restaurant Institute. Your Amazon Smile selection is added on to your existing Amazon user profile and does not require any additional passwords or steps once enrollment is complete. Helping EDWINS is as easy as filling your Amazon cart!