Spring has sprung, and we are busier than ever at EDWINS. We have several volunteer opportunities to offer – and we encourage you to share them with your communities at work, school and church. Fill out our volunteer application here, and reach us at volunteer (at) edwinsrestaurant.org if you’re interested!
- A volunteer to stay at our Second Chance Life Skills Center between 11 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. every Friday so that staff can attend a weekly staff meeting.
- Tutoring a student with dyslexia – approximately 3 hours a week, ideally on Mondays and Wednesdays from 11 a.m. to noon, but other hours may be available.
- Library volunteers to catalog and organize books – individuals can work any time between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, and the group of volunteers typically meets on Saturdays from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Sort clothing and household good donations at the Second Chance Life Skills Center – any time between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Build 4 picnic tables for the outdoor area of our student campus – any time, including weekends.
- Seeking proposals for a volunteer artist to paint the doors to the Second Chance Life Skills Center. We’d love to use these “canvases” to inspire our students. Professionals, as well as amateurs, are welcome to send us sketches or proposals.
While we have you, we also need a few material items:
Items Needed For Our Student Dorms
- Microwaves (used is OK!)
- Silverware (used – but clean – is OK!)
- Toiletries (shaving cream, deodorant, shampoo, feminine hygiene products, diapers, etc.)
- Blankets and comfortors (all sizes but new, please)
- Twin bed frames (just the frames)
- Pillows (new, please)
Items Needed For Our Garden at Grafton Correctional Institution
- Vegetable and herb plants – We’ve learned a lot with our seed starting endeavor this year, but we need to supplement vegetable and herb starts to transplant. Lots of different varieties are needed and encouraged, so if you have one or two plants to share, we’ll be happy to have them!
- 40 3-foot wooden stakes
- 40 6-foot wooden stakes
- 6 bales of straw
- Several 2 gallon watering cans (used is OK!)
- Twine/string for tying plants
- Bags of bone meal
- Compost (either bagged or a loose load)
- Garden gloves
- Large plastic tubs for harvesting (used is OK!)
How to Drop Off These Items
To donate any of the above items, bring them directly to the Second Chance Life Skills Campus Monday through Thursday between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. – no appointment needed.
(We currently are seeking the items mentioned above only but our needs change frequently so stayed tuned!)
Use the following address to GPS directions to the driveway leading to our delivery entrance:
2910 South Moreland Boulevard, Cleveland, Ohio 44120
For questions or ideas about any of these requests, email volunteer (at) edwinsrestaurant.org or call or text EDWINS Development Director, Valerie Maczak-Grim, at (330) 268-7400.
Thank you for all you do to support second chances!